Actuary / Group Insurance Consultant
SAI Actuarial Services is a privately owned firm of consulting actuaries founded in 1990 with approximately 40 employees that collaborates with pension and group insurance committees, unions and professional associations, public organizations, and individuals.
SAI is a key player in public sector group insurance plans. Due to the nature of its clientele, we are fortunate to be the consulting actuaries of several groups that are among the largest in the Quebec market in terms of the number of insureds and volume of annual premiums. The size of our group insurance clients as well as the complexity of the plans means that our team works in a stimulating professional and personal environment.
Our company culture is focused on professional development allowing our consultants to evolve while promoting thoroughness, initiative, and the desire to constantly better oneself. The size of our team of consultants allows them to establish an extraordinary collaboration and enjoy an exceptional sense of belonging. The relationship between management and employees are transparent, human, and constructive.
Nous cherchons un(e) actuaire / conseiller(ère) en assurance collective afin d’occuper un poste permanent à temps plein pour combler les besoins de notre équipe d’assurance collective en croissance. L’emplacement du poste serait préférablement à notre bureau de Québec, mais nous considérerons également les candidats(es) de la région de Montréal. La personne choisie pourra profiter de la politique de télétravail en vigueur.
We are looking for a Group Benefits Actuary/Consultant to fill a permanent, full-time position to support the needs of our growing Group Benefits team. The location of the position would preferably be in our Quebec City office, but we will also consider candidates from the Montreal area. The incumbent will be able to take advantage of the telework policy in place.
Under the supervision of a partner, the candidate will carry out various work in group insurance, which may include:
- Produce experience monitoring and analyze market trends;
- Analyze renewal conditions and present findings and recommendations to clients;
- Negotiate with insurers;
- Review financial reports produced by the insurers;
- Participate and present results and analyses carried out during insurance committee meetings;
- Directly serve clients in the various mandates;
- Review documentation and various communications;
- Be involved in the proposal process including drafting specifications and analysis of the proposal;
- Execute plan restructuring or amendments.
Academic and Professional requirements
- Have 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience in group insurance;
- Hold a bachelor's degree in actuarial sciences or mathematics with an actuarial profile;
- Have a sense of organization and a great ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Possess communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to understand and use technological tools and have comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Possess a FCIA, ACIA or AMF licence in group insurance are assets;
- Bilingualism and programming knowledge are advantages.
- Competitive salary (based on experience) ;
- Prospects for progression within the firm ;
- Group Insurance ;
- Pension Plan ;
- 4 weeks of holidays ;
- Paid vacation between December 25th and January 1st;
- Telework policy ;
- Flexible work schedule ;
- Friendly, respectful, mutual aid and collaborative work environment.
If this position is of interest, send us your application (cover letter and resume) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org